[PLUG] [OT] You broadband in Pune

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sat Mar 16 20:09:17 IST 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 05:11:43PM +0530, Arun Tomar wrote:
> Meanwhile, when my BSNL was down, i took up
> TTML: (2 mbps)  works great. good uptime. reliable connection.
> recently they have come up with a truely unlimited plan where there
> is no FUP.

For majority of my several years of usage of Tata Indicom connection I had
good experience of uptime, speed and reliability.

There have been times some service issues needed escalation and a lot of
patience, though they were eventually resolved.

For last week or so the connection is either going down or is working at
very slow speed arbitrarily at different times of the day. Complaining has
not led anywhere. All standard questions every time you follow up, change
in ip address offered, though that as expected has nothing to do with the
issue.

This time I am reluctant to show the same patience I showed in the past to
get issues resolved.

TTML connection you mentioned looks like a good option. What kind of
technology is that? Land line based or metro-ethernet like Tata Indicom?
Also how smooth was your experience with getting the connection, delays in
processing etc?

Mayuresh