[PLUG] Future of lugs/fsugs

Praveen Arimbrathodiyil pravi.a at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 23:40:13 IST 2013

May be because the new users already get support on the internet and
they don't need a lug to help them.

In place of lugs we have at least some developer communities coming up,
kde india and debian India, I know of.

We have to move ahead of user support to more of code contributions and
for non-techie people, we should focus on philosophy, free
knowledge/wikipedia, free culture, mapping, localization etc.

We have to build new communities where lugs and fsugs left us. We have
to think about our current challenges like drm, patents, hardware
drivers, communication infrastructures like our own diaspora pod etc
and come together as communities to solve them. http://fosscommunity.in
is such an initiative - going beyond user groups.

Started as a comment to https://joindiaspora.com/posts/2485214