[PLUG] Online storage options?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Nov 18 08:31:10 IST 2013

On Monday, November 18, 2013 09:02:51 AM Mayuresh wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. Please see below.
>
> > Amazon S3?
>
> Sounds good, though NetBSD driver seems challenging as per my web search.
>
> > -- OR --
> > Buy a web hosting service with your desired storage with ssh option.
> > You may have to encrypt at file level.
> >
> > -- OR --
> > A VPS with desired storage.  ssh
>
> Thanks. Will search. If you know any good ones, please do suggest.

After your mail, I did a quick search and it seems, 500GB dedicated server is
about 10-11K/- INR per month. See if thats within your budget. That could be
bit higher end than you desire.

> Also any techniques known by which I do not need encryption at a file
> level?

Loop back encrypted mount? I would still prefer file level encryption. With
some effort, it can be automated.

--
Regards
 Shridhar