[PLUG] NSA considers Linux Journal "an extremist forum"?

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sun Aug 31 17:01:59 IST 2014

I am a regular reader of the magazine LJ and got to know about this
through columns in the magazine itself.

Search -> Linux Journal NSA <- for the details.

As such since this is based on so called "leaked documents" I wouldn't
like to read too much into this. They might be monitoring just about
everything, which is good or bad is a matter of a separate political and
philosophical debate. But I don't think they are targeting a particular
magazine's readers or Linux community at large.

This might just be a sensationalization or a gimmick by the magazine.
(Sorry to say that for a magazine I am a loyal reader of for years.)

On a lighter note: Watch out, even PLUG mailing list might be monitored by
the big brother! You might be in trouble if any post offends them!

Mayuresh.