[PLUG] Wireless Interface APIs needed

Abhijit Bhopatkar bain at devslashzero.com
Sat Dec 6 02:00:08 IST 2014

If your wireless device is always coming up with same name e.g. "usb0" then
just add an entry in /etc/network/interfaces. This will prevent
network-manger from claiming this device and you can configure it as you
need using cli.

If the name is not same all the time you will have to play with udev to get
that done first. Google for how to make sure ethernet devices are given
same name. mostly editing /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Also you may want to still use network-manager, you can control it using
"nmcli" through scripts, you don't need the UI or applet running. It might
be better since network manager takes care of lot of things for you esp in
wireless networks.