[PLUG] Why I won't be speaking at FOSSsumMIT 2104

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:09:44 IST 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Gaurav Pant <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> The most frustrating is when people come up with Apple Mac and give demo on
> that -- your message to the public is very simple-- your need costly high
> end (proprietary) devices to do this.

The price point of Apple hardware is no longer on the higher end of
the market. And in the context of 'proprietary devices', you can have
various Linux distributions installed on Apple hardware (cf.
<http://mattoncloud.org/2014/02/05/fedora-20-on-a-macbook-air/> as one
example). I am not sure what is the scope/definition of the phrase
'proprietary devices' in this context.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>