[PLUG] Mageia 4 (was Fwd: Fe.Do.Ra..!)

dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in
Sun Dec 21 18:48:50 IST 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Fe.Do.Ra..!
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:00:33 +0530
 From: dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in
To: Pune Linux User's Group <plug-mail at plug.org.in>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fe.Do.Ra..!
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 13:42:50 +0530
 From: dhanurdhari at gurudrushti.in
To: Pune Linux User's Group <plug-mail at plug.org.in>

Without ever using or installing Fedora on any of my machines, I have a
word of praise for the team of fedora.  They have managed to keep their
installable size to minimum in the range of distribution I scanned
recently for my purpose.  And they still mention it as a Linux
Distribution!

They seem to have absorbed "zeal of RMS" and "Spirit of Linux" into the
documentation and their action.  Even if that happens to change or not,
my comment stands as of today!

So long!
--------

Past this cancelled message (above) that never reached the list after
it got blocked, I also had an occasion to try out (rather fix my mageia
laced netbook) fedora.  The netbook could not be fixed with bunch of
other distributions, mostly owing to my illiteracy of how to fix
partitions (containing data) already messed up while installing new OS.
With whatever wisdom remains residual after lot of hectic drain, with
Fedora I could recover (restructure) all of the data last night.  While
making those attempts what I really liked was fedora managing partitions
during install.  But for that to happen with success I needed to use DVD
image instead of Live ones, investigating why that is so is not my
project!!!

It was a real learning for intellectual dimwit (my holy self).

It isn't laziness why above message is still existing...

Just 2 days back changed over from Fedora 20 (फ डन वीस) to Mageia 4
with a brief stop over of 2 days on Debian 7.7.0.

Was planning to remain on debian but alas things did not work out
there, the way they should.  While Mageia looks more like workable
solution for the time being.... Wireless in Debian proved neck-bottle
for me.  I could not contain the solution in that bottle.

Thanks all for being alive (breathing fire, not stoking it) after long
long time...!