[PLUG] [OT] Strange packet loss issue

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Jan 13 19:49:40 IST 2014

I have a strange packet loss issue arbitrarily for a few sites.

traceroute shows the problem to be whenever the packets are routed via
hopone.net, there is a packet loss of 10%+. In fact pinging hopone.net
also shows same amount of loss.

Now, given the state of customer support in India, you can imagine how
difficult it is to convince your ISP (Tata Docomo in my case) that this is
indeed their issue. Level 1 support is saying, it's not their issue and
they are not letting me reach Level 2. They closed my ticket twice till
now.

Can any Tata Docomo subscriber confirm whether they face packet loss if
they ping hopone.net?

Any tricks to get to reach sensible people in this ISP?

Mayuresh