[PLUG] Linux Journal Readers' choice awards 2013

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 08:00:04 IST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे
<mandarvaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> When choosing a tool, I typically check when was the last "active"
> development.
> If my requirement is low enough - something that isn't updated in few years
> might also work for me "now"
> but when I need a security update, and no one is maintaining it, I am out
> of luck (I know, open source, fix it yourself, but honestly just because
> one has access to source, doesn't mean one has skills to fix)

Mutt does have activity. At least <https://github.com/karelzak/mutt-kz> has.

Applications are as good as the design decisions which result in their
development. If someone finds that that new fangled applications are
not providing enough merit to switchover, the possible reason might be
that the decisions of design and user experience are something that
does not meet this user's requirement. That happens all the time and,
there's not much achieved by boiling the ocean.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>