[PLUG] live distro wi-fi connectivity

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 19:02:50 IST 2014

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM, jayant ogale <jaogale at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi,
>
> as i have already written, i am using macpro 9.2 with i7 processor [don,t
> know about wi-fi card].
>
> i have tried many ubantu versions [incliuding mac version].
>
> in the process, i must have wasted more than 10 dvd's.
>
> please let me know the exact link to download iso which will DEFINATELY
> work live, on my lap-top and identify all avilable wi-fi networks.

​The MacBooks generally ship with the Broadcom 43xx series of wireless
adapters. In my experience, most of the time manual firmware installation
is required to get WiFi working.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro9-2/Quantal has instructions
for getting the WiFi working on Ubuntu 12.04. However, the instructions
should still work for later versions of Ubuntu. There are no guarantees,
however, that this will work. The good news is that may not have to
download an image again, since you already seem to have the DVDs downloaded.

Kaustubh
​
--
Kaustubh Gadkari