[PLUG] Please Sign The Petition

॥ ॐ.का र.हस्य.ॐ ॥ guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 15:58:19 IST 2015

> On Sunday 12 Apr 2015 8:13:08 AM Milind Oka wrote:

> thanks all
I do not want any Linux user to change to BOSS. Because they are
> already doing the thing that I want. You people keep using the distros you
> want but I need your support
even if you criticize me.

The problem is that
> there are several thousand state and central government offices where MS
> Windows-Offiice is used as a typewriter and government
is (happily )
> spending  huge amounts of tax payers on purchasing updating Windows/ Office
> and Microsoft is forcing update hardware also for newer versions.
You have
> to pressurize government to stop this with linux distros but the argument
> will be weaker as they will defend that Windows is superior and is
> required.
(I consulted with a lawyer he says you cannot force government to
> use linux by PIL even though your argument is perfect)
But government
> itself has created  BOSS to replace MS windows (as per official document).
> Is it not that our voice will be stronger ?
I have tested BOSS as
> government work point of view and it is suitable and works well on most of
> the devices (after all it is derived from debian).

Mandar, BOSS is not
> outdated BOSS.6.0 Anoop is already
> released,

 http://www.cdac.in/index.aspx?id=st_pr_Boss_gnu_linux

CDAC is
> not a small organization, they are still working on it. But unless we

O_Hi_O,

Thanks I will try BOSSLinux when I get a chance...! I am not a Govt. servant
though..., So chances of me becoming butterfly later are minimal...!

I did not know that CDAC pursued on BOSSLinux. I had learned of it when they
started it.  So according to "Perseverance Pays" I must pay a visit & try the
distro sometime...!