[PLUG] Please Sign The Petition

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 18:18:49 IST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2015 at 10:12:24PM +0530, Milind Oka wrote:
>> Please sign the petition on the following link and share it via
>> Facebook, WhatsApp and email
>
> Can the OP/others who know about the project, elaborate more on its goals,
> purpose etc? And which of those are not being met by any of the existing
> FOSS systems (or can't be met by just extending them).

IIRC, some years back, we had received some copies of BOSS during some
event and we distributed them.
That time it was not a good polished product. Full of bugs and
usabilitiy issues. I tried it myself and was not happy. Was not worth
shifting from my usual distribution.

Later on, the project halted/shifted from IRC-FOSS(I think they were
the initial developers). Probably C-DAC is working on it now.

I dont think the developers have seriously considered the requirements
of "Indians" to make the distro. Actually, it is very difficult to
crystalise any such requirements. Probably, now it has just become one
of the projects for C-DAC.

Apart from this, views/pespectives expressed by Amarendra and others
are also fine considering they talk about it as a "tool". We had a
different thread on this and you can check it in archives. No further
comment right now.

Regards
-Sudhanwa