[PLUG] Looking for dental X ray system that works with Linux

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Thu Apr 30 14:05:06 IST 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:50:00AM +0530, Sudhanwa Jogalekar wrote:
> I think most medical equipment these days have USB interface. Possibly use
> the same for image transfer.

Yes, they have USB interface. The question is whether they report
themselves as just storage so that generic file transfer could be used or
do they require their own drivers. I am not sure about that.

They way it appears to work, the moment the X rays fall upon the sensor,
the image appears on Windows software, I suspect it is polling the device
with some proprietary protocol. So not sure about the above.

Nevertheless I'll try to connect the device to a Linux machine and see how
it reports.

Mayuresh.