[PLUG] USB digital sIgnature Howto

Kapil Agrawal kapil.agl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 19:49:11 IST 2015

Hi Mayuresh,

yeah earlier they were providing pfx files, but now only smartcards.
If I look into the card via an app to extract cert, it only allows cert to
be exported and not the publickey/privatekey.

Also I see certificate export format is .cer

Thanks
Kapil

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh at acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 02:14:00PM +0530, Kapil Agrawal wrote:
> > I have a USB digital signature card, it works perfectly on windows.
> > Although I am a primary ubuntu, unable to make use of same on ubuntu.
>
> I have been using DS for quite some time on Linux and NetBSD. I, too, got
> card from the DS vendor, though I never used it. It's ultimately a key
> pair and if you know how to manage its security, you can keep it safely in
> simple files and use it that way.
>
> Mayuresh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilagrawal
www.mediamagictechnologies.com
(Consultancy - Multimedia, Gstreamer, ffmpeg, Streaming for platforms-
linux, windows, TI, android)