[PLUG] PLUG meeting washed out due to unseasonal rains

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 05:16:35 IST 2015

at bottom :-

On 11/10/2015, Gaurav Pant <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly I and few others did not receive the mails of PLUG meet
> announcement. If others have not recieved the same please notify about the
> same here.
> --
> Dexter

Hi all,

@ Mayuresh - While I agree that it is nothing to do with age and while
you hint at Linus and Richard M. Stallman , those two are exceptions
and all those who have taken it either as a passion or a profession.

What I meant was that I was under the impression that in 2015, now
with people having access to smartphones and all, the access to
knowledge is/should not be an issue at least not in colleges in Pune
but surprisingly there are still gaps there.  While as a potential
facilitator this means there is lots of opportunity for experienced
people, it also drives home the point that there is lot of work that
needs to be done.

When India became party to TRIPS we had the excuse that in 1998 that
we didn't know or didn't have time to respond, but in 2015 with the
possibility that software patents may become a possibility but there
isn't any talk about it in forums or anywhere.

Same is the case with the Facebook/ Zero whatever/ Free Basics and all
motions to censor us.

Even the google 'hotword' bit is unknown to people.

While I do not know of any means other than talking and sharing about
in various workshops but do feel that somehow we have lost the plot
(in making people aware) and do feel culpable in not doing enough.

Any ideas what we could do to improve the situation ?

As far as not being able to get mails - I got the notice on 9th
October about the regular meeting so it wasn't that we got some early
headstart or anything. For people who didn't get it,  maybe for some
reasons it drifted to spam or something OR they somehow got
unsubscribed or the mail bounced for some reason, although experienced
people like Sudhanwa and Dexter would have made filters for it and
don't think most of the above things might have happened with them.

If needed can forward the e-mail informing about the same in case you
want to do some forensics with the headers or something.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com