[PLUG] PLUG meeting washed out due to unseasonal rains

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:57:26 IST 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 5:16 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What I meant was that I was under the impression that in 2015, now
>> with people having access to smartphones and all, the access to
>> knowledge is/should not be an issue at least not in colleges in Pune
>> but surprisingly there are still gaps there.  While as a potential
>> facilitator this means there is lots of opportunity for experienced
>> people, it also drives home the point that there is lot of work that
>> needs to be done.
>
> Enhanced/easy means of access is not complemented with optimal
> consumption of the resources provided by such access. The
> encouragement and cultivation of a curious mind is a long walk and if
> you'd want to explore, the nearest anyone has come to doing that is
> with the Durgapur LUG.

Very well put and succinct!  I see the same behavioural pattern among
the Mumbai based.  This year, I have gone through seven interns since
early summer trying to inculcate a different approach to doing things.
  To avoid dealing with "baggage" I had selected fresh grads.
Regrettably  none of them made the cut.  It wasn't access to
information or lack of coaching but more to do with status quo set by
their seniors and peers.  It was astonishing that most of them were
willing to shell out Rs. 50K and above for .Net and JAVA programs from
the incumbent training institutes.

@ Sankarshan -- thanks for the ILUG Durgapur reference.

-- Arun Khan