[PLUG] Minutes of PLUG Meet on 6 August 2016

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:04:01 IST 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:02 AM, Raju DV <rajudv at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> We are looking for speakers for a session or talk for next PLUG meet for the
> month of September.
> Please submit your proposals on the mailing list.

Suggest, more current topics like:

Containers (Docker)
OpenStack, CloudStack
Apache Hadoop / Spark / Data Analytics
Cybersecurity

All of the above are wide, you could build a theme with a series of talks.

IMO, they should be of great interest to both students and
professionals alike.  It's difficult to find knowledgeable
professionals and hopefully such presentations should spark off
interest (and increase meeting attendance).

Also suggest that announcement go out 2-3 weeks a priori so that
people can plan; encourage local technical colleges (with IT programs)
to send their students / faculty to such meets.   Yes, it needs a bit
of planning ahead and the students at SICSR are a great resource to
help with it.

-- Arun Khan