[PLUG] PLUG's XMPP group

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Sat Dec 10 19:57:06 IST 2016

Greetings everyone!
As I mentioned today in the meeting, Raju has created a group on XMPP[1].  The process for joining this group is as follows:

1. Create an account on https://diasp.in/ or https://poddery.com/

These are diaspora*[2] pods maintained by the Indian community.  This will give you an account for diaspora* social network and will also provide you with the necessary XMPP credentials.

2. Download the Conversations app (Android only) from F-Droid.  Use Monal if you are using iOS.

Conversations : https://is.gd/qnodEA
Monal : https://is.gd/RqNxNy

3. Login with your diasp.in or poddery.com username and password on the app.

4. Add me or Raju as a contact and send a message.  We'll be happy to add you on the group.

Dhanesh	: dhanesh95 at diasp.in
Raju	: libregeekingkid at diasp.in

If you would like to connect through desktop, Gajim - https://gajim.org/ - is the best option available for Linux distributions and Windows.  For OSX, you can go through this link - https://xmpp.org/software/clients.html - to find a client of your choice.

Everyone is welcome to join the group!

[1] https://xmpp.org/
[2] https://diasporafoundation.org/

Dhanesh B. Sabane [dhanesh95]