[PLUG] Contents are obsolete at plug.org.in/foss-cds-and-dvds

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 10:07:29 IST 2016

On 13 July 2016 at 20:55, Gaurav Pant <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 8:00 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Except the list of Distros, everything else is still valid.
>>> I suppose our webmaster will take care of it now.
>>>

>> Replace the respective version number with  "(latest)" and that should
>> make it always current :)
>
> It would be better to say that DVD/CD ISO can be made available during
> PLUG meetings, It has been ages that anyone has actually requested
> CD/DVD.

+1 [as I am a PLUG ML reader from last 5+ years]

It's like updating 'about us' page or 'contact us' page which is
rarely visited.  :-)

Asking out of curiosity, do we have statistics how many hits we had
for that particular page in past?
Sometimes Google shows up that page when some1 from/nearby Pune
searching for Linux media.
And yes bandwidth is still an issue in outskirts of Pune. We all know
that.   ^_^
It's much more expensive & time consuming task to download 3GB+ Linux
OS iso than buying the DVD media/iso. :-)

Also my observation = Earlier, ML was moderated and so on I guess it
was almost impossible to post. I was victim of the same. Thanks for
removing moderation.

Regards,
Amey.