[PLUG] My feedback on mini Debian conference 2016 [PUNE city]

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 08:53:31 IST 2016

Hello,

As we all know, yesterday Mini DebConf begun in Pune which ends today.
It is my 1st attendance at Mini DebConf.
I liked all talks on day 1.

I was surprised to know MiniDebConf in Pune got over 900 registrations. WOW!
Keynote was held at big hall which was houseful.
During keynote sessions audience asked interesting questions about
privacy,security which exceeded duration of keynote session. :-)

Glad to get Debian goodies yesterday inc Debian 8.5.0 DVD, Debian
stickers & schedule leaflet.
Also spotted BOSS Linux dvd's at registration counter by afternoon hours.  :-)
That's a good initiative to spread awareness of this 'Made in India'
Debian derivative.
How ever a bit surprised as no introduction talk/BoF on BOSS Linux.

Encountered issues with Wi-Fi. Never received OTP but never mind.
All sessions were interesting.
Never had to look in to mobile phone. :-)

Lastly thanks to sponsors Hamara Linux,CDAC,Swathanthra Malayalam
Computing,MIT Computers User Group Pune & of course Debian community.
^_^

Looking forward to see mini Debian conference next year at same venue in Pune.
1 suggestion, next year can we keep it before/after rainy season?  :-)

Regards,
Amey.