[PLUG] openSUSE Leap 42.2 is out

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:02:48 IST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> openSUSE 42.2 is out 5 days back.
> Anybody from PLUG started using it or testing it?

Seems too early to comment on any thing.
Have been using 41.1 for quite some time. Works good on one of the
laptops ( ASUS X200LA - KX034D) this contains WiFi H/W which is
Mediatek MT7630E.). The only issues was no default wifi drivers.

Some issues relating to shutdown. Does now power(off) down most of the times.

Touch pad works but shows as not available from the KDE settings.

Hope these issues are resolved in the new release. :)

> I am eager to test performance/behavior of proprietary enterprise
> software's & few file systems like Gluster.
> I am downloading the iso now

Cool, will get it from you next PLUG meet.
.

> Major drawback of openSUSE Leap is, no LIVE image :-/
>
> Regards,
> Amey.

Gaurav Pant