[PLUG] Need help in choosing new laptop for Linux use.

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:32:10 IST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Atul Sowani <sowani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all for your replies. So far I was focusing only on HP and Dell,
> however I will check Lenovo as well. (I think this Chinese company bought
> IBM's laptop business, right?)
>
> I think I am right in not going for a dedicated graphics card. I will
> stick to Intel graphics.

If you have not purchased laptop already, there are some good options
available currently on various ecommerce sites.
Found a suitable one here:
http://www.shopclues.com/acer-aspire-e5-es1-571-558z-core-i5-4th-gen-4-gb-1-tb-hdd-linux-notebook-nx.gcesi.022.html

Intel core I5, 4GB, 1 TB. Ubuntu . International warranty, onsite support
!! Only negative side seems to be the weight. But normally if you need high
battery life and bigger screen, weight will be high.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> Thanks and best regards,
> Atul.

web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.