[PLUG] Need help in choosing new laptop for Linux use.

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:52:01 IST 2016

Hi Gaurav,

--- On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Gaurav Pant <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:
| But there was a recent issue relating to some Leneovo laptops which
| will not allow Linux to be installed,
\--

It is probably due to the confidentiality agreement with the OS
vendor. I did have a look at the Yoga series, but, I was not for it
for many reasons.

* Pay for Windows OS.

* Even thought the laptops are light-weight, I am not sure on the
quality of the hinges on the Yoga series. Any mechanical, moving parts
can become unreliable.

* They all have glossy screens.

* Some of them have only micro-HDMI.

* For a similar price, the E series gives good computing power, with
an option to install any OS of your choice.

Regards,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan