[PLUG] [OT] Airtel huawei router, what chip is being used ?

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 21:15:45 IST 2017

Dear Amey,

Thank you for the detailed response. I haven't subscribed to the
service yet and was just testing waters.  As I *think* I had shared
before on the forum I am a BSNL broadband subscriber and they do give
dynamic public IP for the duration you connect. Except for the
download speed that Airtel 'claims' I haven't had major complaints.
Sometimes it does go down but a phone call and few hrs. later its
right. This is with 5+ service with the same provider.

As far as model no. is concerned,  the model number they gave is
Huawei B310s-927 but if they give private IP range then it's next to
useless for me not just for torrents but many other apps where I need
the IP to be accessible from outside (for work) etc. I did try to get
specs. on the specific model but my searching skills were found to be
wanting. I found various models having the same serial number but none
told/shared what chip they are using.

I am using a D-Link dual-band double antennae device for last 3 odd
years  having intel wireless and there has been no issues at all with
GNU/Linux using it in various modes/avatars.

That being said BSNL does need to improve its service and service
offerings. I have been hoping that somebody would offer FTTx servicce
(Fiber to the nearest something and then cable from there) but have
heard that apart from some pilots at Aundh and Hinjewadi there hasn't
been much success in fiber installations . Its expensive still and the
speeds and data they give is still pathetic.

Till later.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com