[PLUG] [OT] Does anybody know of a good mp4+mp3 player (mips or android based) which is available in the mkt.

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 22:41:03 IST 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 9:51 AM, G Karunakar <karunakar at fontserv.in> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 21:01:51 +0530
> shirish शिरीष wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm on the lookout of a good mp4+mp3 player (which means it should
>> show videos if I chose to) or either just hear the songs or whatever
>> audio is there. With this it should be able to step up and step down
>> battery consumption.
>>
>> I'm sure something like this should be available as I've been
>> thinking of something like this more than 2-3 years. If anybody
>> knows of any good brands and places I should look up within the
>> city, please let me know either through the mailing list or
>> off-list whichever is preferred.
>>

> I think theses days they sell as 'smartphones' ..
> With phones taking up all jobs of mp3/mp4 player.. not many being
> made. I remember Creative having some models but no longer sell.
> Plain mp3 player can still be found, but with usually one line screen.

+1 to "smartphone" or a 8-10" [p]tablet.
OP hasn't mentioned about the unit's portability.

If you like tinkering, then it's possible to make one using a RasPi or
variants of it like OrangePi (there are several models)
But the price will not be comparable vis-a-vis the low cost products
MP3 players in the market.

-- Arun Khan