[PLUG] Celebrating Science Day at GMRT, Khodad

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 12:38:06 IST 2018

Dear all,

This would be the fifth year we would be taking part in National
Science Day which is held every year around the country on 28th
February and 1st March in honor of Sir Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman,
notable physicist known for discovering the Raman effect which enabled
and enhanced lot of advances in lasers, optical fibers etc.

So for the past 4 years, we have been taking part at GMRT, Khodad,
part of the experience being shared at
https://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2017/03/18/science-day-at-gmrt-khodad-2017/
. I am sure the COEP people would be able to recognize their peers
from the group photo taken early on.

So if you are curious about foss, open-source software and be willing
to spend some time helping out in printing or/and being on the stall
speaking with people of similar age etc.

Who we are looking for -

We are looking 2-4 volunteers who know or at the very least have
installed and are using Debian or one of the debian derivatives

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/DebianFamilyTree1210.svg

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

You are also more than welcome if you use and want to showcase any of
the rpm-distros as well, i.e. fedora, centos etc.

There are approximately 30-40 games (or more) within the Debian
universe any of which could be shown/shared with kids.

Like every year, we hope to showcase some of the blender animation
movies which always get some laughs from our diminutive audience as
well :)

if somebody has portable speakers, please bring them with you as
lappies don't really have the power to drive the audio to the
audience.

If you are interested in contributing by being there physically or
some other way please reply off-list so we can collaborate. Even if
you have queries/questions feel free to ask them as well.

Lastly, we are looking for two LCD's to showcase Debian and whatever
content we will be showcasing for 2 days.  Please let us know if you
are able to help us in that as well.

We also have a modest budget requirement of INR 10k/- which covers
cost of printing stickers, flyers, rent of two LCD monitors, pressing
few DVD's with plastic covers to give away and other miscellaneous
expenses.

Looking forward to support.
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com