[PLUG] Debian GSOC projects

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:22:46 IST 2018

Dear all,

It is that time of the year where GSOC comes knocking. This year as we
don't have a release, Debian has decided to take part in GSOC . While
you can take the opportunity to see all the projects that Debian is
proposing at https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects

there is one specific project which students of cofsug could and
should pursue and that is
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2018/Projects#SummerOfCode2018.2FProjects.2FOpenAgricultureFoodComputer.Open_Agriculture_Food_Computer

I would urge you to see
https://www.ted.com/talks/caleb_harper_this_computer_will_grow_your_food_in_the_future
and then look at the specific project.

I know COEP has its own CNC lathe machine the last time I was in COEP
and there are quite a few students who are from farming families. The
project could prove to be a good boon for them as well as their
families as well as science and agriculture are married.

If you have any doubts or queries or want to take part in any of the
project listd on that Debian page, go to
https://lists.debian.org/debian-outreach/ and start chipping away at
the problem.

Look forward to see more people attempting for GSOC Debian from COEP.

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com