[PLUG] Participation in CMDA IT Expo exhibition

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 00:13:25 IST 2006

Hi all,

As discussed in the Decembers meeting, PLUG is likely
to participate in the IT Expo Exhibition to be held
between 21st - 24th of December. Check
www.cmdapune.com for more info

PLUG has been participating in this event for the past
4-5 years.

We usually have a small stall, where we have 2
computers with different  GNU/Linux Distributions
(Last year it was Fedora Core and Mandriva). We
demonstrate different applications like OpenOffice,
xmms, development tools etc and let the people
experiment with FOSS.

Every year we see an increased awareness and interest
in GNU/Linux. The aim of this activity is to spread
general awareness of GNU/Linux and FOSS in general.

We need help from pluggies for this activity. Here are
some things :

1. Volunteering. Need volunteers for manning the
stalls  for 4 days - 10 am to 11 pm.

2. Hardware : Need 2 machines with decent
configuration.

3. A lot of people who want to get GNU/Linux
CD's/Distros. However,we do *not* "sell" CD's
/distributions. We do however accept bookings for the
same, and then burn the CD's and make them available
at the coming month's PLUG meeting.
I personally think that we should keep some live cd's
to be given away to people(ie without any charge), but
there are many issues regarding the same. Anybody
willing to donate copies of latest Knoppix would be
great.

4. Posters / leaflets : Creativity using FOSS tools :)

Any help on the same would be appreciated. Any new
ideas/suggesstions ?

Devendra Laulkar.