[PLUG] More frequent PLUG meetings

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 13:58:50 IST 2006

Hi,

Firstly, it is not a question of old-timers /
new-timers.

> I just feel, that along with more frequent meetings,
> a more packed
> schedule of talks / activities, which we rigorously
> follow and do not
> deviate from, will be a strong indicator that we are
> growing in terms
> of knowledge sharing and there is more fun in what
> we are doing.

I agree. Provided we have consistent meetings with
specific talks/activities.

> May be some form of roadmap, highlighting some of
> the focus areas,
> will be of great help. I would definitely want to be
> of help in any
> and all of it and I know there are people already
> out there, regular
> in the meetings and committed to the cause of this
> LUG who would be of
> help too.

Herein lies the problem. We need people who are
willing to drive the activity. Existing LUG members
are here to help, but someone needs to take up the
responsibility of the entire activity.

> And I just hope that these suggestions are taken in
> the correct light
> - just because there are too many virtual volunteers
> who never show
> up, making a good suggestion should not be outlawed
> - nor acting on
> it.

In any of the above mails neither was suggested. It is
not that as if your suggesstion is *outlawed* or
anything like that. If you think that we need to
organize a second meet per month - No problem. Lets
try it out for a couple of months. It is your LUG as
well.

Regards,
Devendra Laulkar.