[PLUG] Linux Seminar

neooen n3oo3n at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:34:58 IST 2006

On 6/26/06, Desi Penguin <desipenguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/24/06, Ebrahim A. Senejani <senejani at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I suppose to give a seminar on Linux to make interest in some companies.
> > How
> > can I do it better?
> >

> Can you elaborate a little on what exactly you are trying to achieve ?
> You need to focus on different things depending upon your requirements.
> Since you mentioned seminar is in companies, I assume that reason is to
> convince them to use Linux for their internal use. If that's the case, you
> need to focus on apps.
>
> -DP

Company wont change if they are fullfilling their clients requirement with
existant OS. They need to understand the pros amd cons of using GNU/Linux
and using open source software. They have to make understand that using
GNU/Linux y can make their work /application more secure.

See NASA,oracle like wealthy Firms are taking initiative towards using free
software. Their main intention behind using free software is that they need
more secure, stable  system. Such example can be given in ur seminar. For
details you can view
python.org  for NASA's view about free/open source software.

In opne source software there is great contribution from NASA with thei
source code viewable to other hackers.

I hope you got examples to convince them why should they prefer GNU/Linux.

All the best.

Happy Hacking

~Shrikant
09821993834