[PLUG] SMTP Auth problem.

Santosh Dawara sdawara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 10:52:57 IST 2006

Ravi Narwade wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have configured sendmail with SMTP authentication and its working
> fine with MUA.
>
> But when I am trying to send outbond email as below
> telent mail.foo.com 25
>
> It should ask smtp authenticaion.
>
> I know I am missing something but exacltly dont know what.
> I am using sendmail-8.13.6, cyrus-sasl-2.1.22 and openssl-0.9.8a
>
> Please let me know if any body knows this.
It is unclear if you were able to successfully send out your e-mail
using telnet and no SMTP AUTH? Please let us know.

Typically - you would follow up with an EHLO where Sendmail can declare
that it supports extended AUTH mechanisms. See the link below. The link
also explains how you can make SMTP AUTH mandatory in Sendmail.

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

- Santosh

--
Santosh Dawara