[PLUG] Re: NIC on Linux

रणजित भोसले ranjya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 18:57:12 IST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 13:04 +0530, Kaustubh Gadkari wrote:
> | Intel NIC are available where?
>
> Well..my NIC is integrated on my mobo, but Intel NICs should be
> available with every hardware dealer IMHO.
>
> Kaustubh
I am a happy man.
Sujata chaps were kind enough to refund my full Rs 400/-.
They could not procure a DFE-538TX nic for me.
I had not expected them to refund.
I will buy from them in future.
Got one at G V Sales after trying at a lot of places for 375/-.
Not one chap had a Intel NIC for desktop.
FC4 recognised this nic, loaded the 8139too module and
it was in dmesg as eth0. In system settings-network-hardware
it was there.
So all is well that ends so nicely.
Thanks to all of you for your help.
Ranjit.