[PLUG] Microsoft Linux?

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:14:31 IST 2006

On 11/8/06, Udayraj <udayrajb at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.forbes.com/home/enterprisetech/2006/11/02/linux-opensource-microsoft-tech-enter-cz_dl_1102linux.html
>
> Regards
>
> Udayraj
> --

For those who haven't read the  detailed press release:
It is not about Microsoft creating a Linux flavour. All MS and Novell agreed
is collaboration on virtualization.
MS would make it "easier" to run Linux (Specifically SuSE ?) in virtual
machine on MS, and vice versa.
MS also said they wouldn't file patent infringement suite against
*individual* developers who contribute to Open Source. (Disclaimer: I don't
claim to understand what this means, I'm just quoting what I remember from
the press release)

-DP

--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/