[PLUG] Can we file PIL (Public Interest Litigation)

Aditya Laghate laghatea at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 12:18:03 IST 2006

On 11/11/06, YAGNESH N DESAI <ynd at hzw.ltindia.com> wrote:

> Friends;
>
> PIL came to my mind 'cos of provided limited choice by
> Indian Service providers and manufacturers.
>
> Can one file PIL saying all the Generic Hardware vendors & generic IT
> service providers
> need to ship drivers for at least one other os (preferably Linux) so that
> the consumer
> is not forced to "buy" Windows.

Hello Yagnesh,

That is a good thought. I had never thought of the support from this point
of view.

I think we can surely file PIL for favouring a certain company or something.

Many high-end special hardware can be exceptional.

Yesterday, I happened to interact with a senior person from IBM, he
mentioned that it was company policy to release a Linux driver for any
hardware that IBM manufactures / sells.

Regards
Aditya

If such PIL is filed it can create lot of awareness among the masses by