[PLUG] Just Joined

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 12 13:44:46 IST 2006

YAGNESH N DESAI wrote:
> Friends;
>
> Just was browsing for the linux community in india and came across
> PLUG. I am impressed with the richness of the content and the efforts
> made by your LUG.

Welcome to the LUG.

> I am from Surat and am not having many Linux enthusiasts around. Hope
> to benifit from interaction here.
>
> My relationship with Linux is only 2 Months old since i bought the Laptop.
>
> Do visit http://desaiyn.tripod.com/laptop/ubuntu_on_thinkpad_R52.html
> to learn about my experience.

Interesting. There is value in single CD installations but that does
limit how many packages you can carry in media which is a potential
problem for people with low bandwidth connections or no network access.
  Also Ubuntu does have proprietary drivers on the CD and earlier
versions does install them by default on specific hardware.

> Also I am having http://desaiyn.tripod.com/ which i will be  regularly updading.
> Yagnesh.

Rahul