[PLUG] Hathway Broadband not working

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 14 16:25:00 IST 2006

Hi PLUGgers,
   I have recently got myself a Hathway Broadband connection.
They provided me with an ARRIS cable modem for the connection.
Their Engineer came and configured the Internet on Windows by inputting the usual  IP, DNS, Gateway.

However, the same is not working for me on my Ubuntu setup.
I even tried installing Kubuntu (both Dapper Drakes), but still, the internet connectivity is not configured.

Has anyone faced a similar situation ? Or has anyone managed to get the Internet workig with Hathway Broadband, with the cabel modem ?