[PLUG] wanted printer recommendation

Amitakhya Phukan amit.plug at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 13:32:20 IST 2006

Aditya Laghate wrote:
> Try a Canon or HP. Dont go in for lexmark or epson. They have huge
> maintenance issues. I personally use a Canon BJC 265-SP, it is a old
> parallel port printer. Good support on suse, red hat/fedora, ubuntu.
>
> Cheers
> Aditya
>
> On 11/27/06, K. Shantanu <shantanu-plug at unixmail.zapto.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I want to buy a USB color printer.  I just need to print a few
>> quotations, a
>> few bills and a few codes here and there (around 20 pages monthly).
although it is true that HP costs a little more than others, the kind of
work you are telling prompts me to tell that HP will be the one good for
you. The reason is that in most printers after changing the cartridges
for 3-4 times, you need to buy the entire cartridge and cartridge holder
module(the one that moves along the page) together, like in Canon.
Why??? Because that is how it is!! This doesn't happen in HP. Well, that
is from my personal experience(my canon is still lying and I am not
using it anymore). So the total cost per number of pages output over a
period of months is reduced in case of HP. and yes undoubtedly, FC comes
with a good load of HP drivers. So I would recommend HP for you.