[PLUG] wanted printer recommendation

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:09:40 IST 2006

> On 11/27/06, K. Shantanu <shantanu-plug at unixmail.zapto.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I want to buy a USB color printer.  I just need to print a few quotations,
> > few bills and a few codes here and there (around 20 pages monthly).
> > So, the printer need not be expensive. The only thing, is that the printer
> > has
> > to be USB (this requirement is due to arrangement of my table). I use
> > Mandriva 2006 (possibly later Mandriva 2007) and don't mind
> > Ubuntu. Can someone please suggest a good USB printer which is available
> > in Pune?
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Shantanu

HP printers work rather faultlessly with Linux.  However, recently
Samsung has started to advertise its support for Linux, so you can see
what it has to offer.  You do not seem to have intensive use, but may
need to print some photos or banners some day, so keep that in
consideration.  By the way, it seems you want an inkjet.  Right?

As you will not be using the printer much to have maintenance needs in
the short run, check if there is an option available for extended
maintenance/warranty.  Also, form factor might be an important
consideration, for which there are some quite good options on HP.