[PLUG] Tata Indicom + (Slackware) Linux.

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Oct 9 22:54:36 IST 2006

I use the type called Metro Ethernet from Tata Indicom where you don't get
router at your premises. You just get the cable that you can simply connect
to NIC.

They didn't give any choice in this regard, neither did I care to ask for
options. But I am happy with this option since I don't need to keep an
additional device. Not sure what additional benefits one gets by having a
router.

This worked fine from RH9 through FC5 for me. Guess it should work fine for
most distros.

I'm by and large happy with the speed. Customer service, if ever you need
post-installation, looks pathetic.