[PLUG] query regarding n/w card

Vaibhav Kulkarni netvaibhav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:40:48 IST 2006

On 12 Oct 2006 11:54:21 -0000, chaitanya Ralegaonkar
<ralegaonkar_chaitanya at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed RH - 9 on P - IV .It has SATA hard disk. My system is not detecting ethernet card.It has dual boot and network works fine with windows. The card is v - 100 After doing \" ifconfig -a \" It only shows loopback device.At the time of installation in customize firewall section I selected \" allow all incoming \" .I tried add new hardware menu. It selected one network But it also didn\'t work.Where did I went wrong in installtions or RH - 9 does not support this card AND how to solve this .

It seems that your card is not supported on RH9. My experience is that
if some hardware does not work out of the box on Linux, I have a hard
time getting it work.

On similar note, I bought a new ethernet card recently, which had
drivers missing on Linux. I could make it work using ndiswrapper
(which allows you to use Windows XP drivers on Linux).

--
Vaibhav