[PLUG] Fedora 3 installation issue

Neelesh Gurjar neel.gurjar at linuxmail.org
Fri Oct 13 13:13:15 IST 2006

hi sunder

While u installing FC 3.. When u reach at Disk Partitioning screen....
type ctrl+alt+f2 to get on command line. there u type fdisk -l by this u will get details about ur HDD. please see the first line and note /dev/<hdd name> like /dev/hda or if u have sata then /dev/sda. type  fdisk /dev/<hdd name>. eg. if you have primary master then fdisk /dev/hda or u have sata then fdisk /dev/sda. then you will come to fdisk propmt. here if u type 'm' you will get help. here delete old partition and create new partition dont give lables here. Note. after making all partiontions you have to change Filesystem ID of Swap partition from 83 to 82 by typing 't' you will get it in help by typing 'm'. Note that u cant give label in this. after creating all partition type 'w' to save on disk. then again press alt+f7 to go on GUI mode. Here select manual partition with disk druid. here u have to edit each partition first select to format as ext3 then give label to each partition by typing at mountpoing field.

i think it will help u.

If u have any problem you can contact me on : 9892105060

Neelesh