[PLUG] Modem Help

RUPESH MAZUMDAR rupxsan88 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 9 20:55:19 IST 2006

I had procured a live Knoppix CD 4.0 from pune linux users group with a view
to learn linux.
Is it is possible to connect to internet with Knoppix without installing it
to the hard disk.
I was thinking of using dial-up connection with my existing internal modem
which is D-Links DFM-5601S+++ Modem.
I am thinking of installing ubuntu as my linux distro, as I have been told
it is the easiest distro for learning Linux.
Sorry, but I dont know how to find out chipset of Modem.
Your help in finding out chipset will be of great help.
Regards.