[PLUG] Modem Help

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:46:22 IST 2006

> Friends,
> I have D-Link's DFM-5601S+++ Modem.
> Can it be configured to run for Linux.
> If it is possible, please letme know how to configure it.

Don't intend to frustrate you on this. But if you aim to devote time
to Linux, you will have to buy hardware judiciously and do some
research before buying to make sure that your piece of equipment is
well supported with (preferably open-source) Linux drivers.

I heard that some of the "broadband" service providers in Pune are yet
to offer services in a form that is readily (or at all) usable under
Linux (read non-Windows). Not sure about this as I don't have
broadband at home.

Cheers,
Arindam