[PLUG] socketcall hook

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:48:01 IST 2007

> I am tring to hook socket system call and want to add some extra
> functionality  But i am not able to link sys_bind() function in socketcall.
> It says unresolved symbol.

 What compiler/linker options have you used ?

In order to get it work, i copied the sys_bind() call from the socket.c file
> to the .c file that i am using. Now the system is working fine. Is this
> approach is correct one ? or will it create some problems in future.

While this is good "hack", this should not be used in long term. At some
point you'll have to resolve the liking error.

-DP
--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/