[PLUG] PLUG meeting April 2007 Saturday 7th April,4 pm @ SICSR

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 14:29:11 IST 2007

On 4/7/07, Nawaz Patel <nawaz.patel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      *Forcing* some one to use a particular software sounds like a
> micro$oft culture not much appretiated in the open src community, just
> my thought, you can protest anyways.

Contd. from previous post:

The issue here is that the likes of Microsoft are bent upon making their
software pervasive in growth economies, and they are using their financial
muscle and creating other indirect obligations on the establishment to make
it happen.  Even while various organs of the Government have been talking
about using FOSS to promote information technology in India, various State
Governments, PSUs etc. have been colluding with its very enemy.

We cannot tolerate seeing Microsoft extort our tax money.  We cannot
tolerate seeing them extinguish choice (and exposure to a *better* world)
for our children.  We cannot tolerate our interests being compromised by
foreign entities.  That is why we want to join the fight.

You may have your reasons.  You are free to act by them.