[PLUG] Booting Problem in Mepis

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 11:04:51 IST 2007

I do not exactly know where to start looking for problems.   Till I
can make better suggestion than this,  /var/log/messages would be a
good place to start to fix your login problems.

The smallest thing that you could have done was to *just* install
libsane-hpaio rpm.
I just checked that minimum version of HPLIP that you need for 3100 MFD is 1.6.6
My guess is you tried to install bleeding edge hplip drivers
(something like 1.7.3 or similar)

I am sure there is a way to get this scanner to work using hplip.  But
first you might want to bring your system back to it's previous
state...

I am not on Mepis...  How latest is Mepis 6?