[PLUG] [OT] wondering aloud about a project !dea {based on Firefox}

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:52:58 IST 2007

On 8/3/07, ಓಂ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Padma plugin is good to convert (transliterate) from ISCII to Unicode
> any given language..
> I already tried reading Gujarat Samaa4.  I can understand few
> alphabets in their script...
>
> what I want is to convert (transliterate) from devnagari unicode to
> Gujarati Unicode OR
> from Kannada Unicode to Telugu Unicode
>
> Please elaborate (if &) how this could be done.

there are different modules in it which do conversion.
a sample would be ISCII to Unicode.. this can be adapted to convert
say from Gujarati codes to Devanagari codes..
actually in most cases it 95% of conversion could do by simply
subtracting/adding 128*n - where n is distance from devanagari page.
 see http://www.unicode.org/charts/
so just shifting the codes does 95% of the work, for some characters &
combinations you would need to treat specially.

Karunakar