[PLUG] About KPPP Dialer troubleshooting.

Arun Tomar susedevel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 03:15:34 IST 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 19:48, Mangesh Ghatol wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used serial cable and mobile to connect the Internet several times.
> But nowadays I failed. While I dial through KPPP, it automatically
> closed without any error message. If anyone how to solve this problem?
check if ur modem is getting detected with command
dmesg
try to use the program "wvdial" for the purpose.
in a separate konsole track the log with " tail -f /var/log/messages"  to see
the error messages.

if u still don't get it, post the output of these commands relevant to modem
on the mailing list.

regds,
arun.