[PLUG] Live CD for undergrad OS lab

Rohan Dighe rsdighe at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 15 17:50:49 IST 2007

On 8/15/07, Devendra Laulkar <devendralaulkar at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am helping out in a local college (MIT) in the OS
> lab.
>
> I want to distribute a live CD to the students, so
> that they can test out on their own PC's.
>
> Knoppix should work fine, but I would like to have
> suggestions regarding any other Live distro's.
>
> Basic requirement is gcc+gdb+vi+emacs. awk, sed.
>
> Another great combination would be linux + qemu/boschs
> + minix along with source, however I don't know a CD
> which has this.
>
> -Devendra Laulkar.

I have fedora core 6 (live cd) it works very nicely !!! I have about 10-15
disks already burnt
with me if you want i can help too..

also i would like if you need any more help regarding some sort of tutorials
being arranged
at the college so that it could help them. !!

i am very good at things which you have mentioned... gdb, awk and all...
maybe we can
both do a demo...

let me know what you think
i will be glad to help !!

Thank You.

PS:- Fedora Core Live CD may not be the best of the live cd distros but "IT
WORKS !"

--
Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

--
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.