[PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide

Devendra Laulkar devendra at laulkar.com
Sat Dec 8 16:25:32 IST 2007

Hi,
Comments inline.

>  To make it easy, you can publish it as a document on Google docs. You can
> give write permissions to those who wish to contribute. Google docs has
> versioning support too.

I personally don't like the idea of keeping it on google docs.

> > Please note that this flyer is to be distributed to the general public
> > which may or may not have any background in using computers.

> Since readers can be without much background in computers, i think, we can
> do away with the commands. My experience is -  people are scared of typing
> commands. Linux can be presented as another, if not better 'Windows'.
> Anyways, most distros default to runlevel 5, and many users never get to(and
> wish to) see the console.

Still a few commands won't be too much of info I think. Might help
especially when one asks for help on some forums, and the help given is
in form of "Open Terminal", and run this command.

> Maybe, we can put up(in the stall) a couple of
> screenshots of the free applications mentioned in the flyer. That should
> (hopefully) gather some attention.

Thats not necessary. We actually have 2 computers @ the expo which are
fully loaded with all the stuff required :) so we can do a real live
demo, and we even ask people to use the software themselves.

<snip>

> Also, is it feasible to print on both sides ? We'll have twice as much
> space. Just a thought...

Umm, I was thinking of printing the same thing in Marathi on the other
side of the page. Comments, suggestions, contributions welcome :)

-Devendra Laulkar.